In memory of the contribution made by Dr Guy Rémillard to the Savoy Foundation during his tenure as a former member and former president of the Research Committee, the Rémillard-Savoy travel bursary for health care professionals (HCP) was created. Worth $2,500, it will be granted to a non-physician health care professional (nurse, psychologist, neuropsychologist, nutritionist etc.) providing care to patients with epilepsy wishing to attend in person a national or international congress to improve their expertise in the care of this clientele.
- Be a non-physician health care professional practicing in a Canadian health care facility.
- A HCP cannot receive the Prize two years in a row..
- The bursary must be used within 2 years.
- Although it is not strictly a prerequisite, priority will be given to a health care professional who is presenting an oral presentation or an abstract .
- Quality and importance of the congress.
- Potential for positive impact and improvement in the care of patients living with epilepsy following participation to the conference
- Relevant experience and training in epilepsy .
The following points are imperative to submit a valid application:
1. Applicants must submit a single PDF file containing all required documents in the following order:
a. A cover letter by the applicant justifying his request (motivation for attending the congress, importance of the congress etc.) (max. 500 words) .
b. A curriculum vitae (any format, preferably the Common CV CIHR biosketch).
c. A support letter from the division or department chief or his representative.
2. The deadline to submit the application to the Savoy Foundation, via email at
(firstname.lastname@example.org), is January 31, 2024.