Two to three (2-3) new studentships will be awarded to meritorious applicants wishing to acquire training and pursue research in a biomedical discipline, the health sciences or social sciences related to epilepsy in an MSc or PhD program. To be eligible to this competitive selection, the candidate must have excellent grades (B. Sc., M.D. or equivalent diploma) and have ensured that a qualified researcher affiliated to a university and/or hospital, will supervise his/her work. In addition, candidates applying for a doctoral bursary must also have at least one first-authored peer-reviewed publication to their credit. The stipend will be $15,000 per year for master’s studies and $17,000 for PhD studies.
These studentships are for one (1) year. Recipients of a master’s salary award may apply for renewal only once. Recipients for a PhD salary award may apply for renewal twice. Renewal is not automatic and based on progress made.
Students funded by the Savoy Foundation must not cumulate two major studentship awards.
Note that individuals who begin doctoral training after completing an undergraduate degree or professional master’s degree and individuals who are fast-tracked to a doctoral program without completing a master’s degree would benefit from applying to the master’s competition if they are eligible to do so (up to three semesters on April 30, 2023).
In addition to this Studentships, two awards will be offered:
The candidate who obtained the highest mark on the evaluation from the scientific committee will receive the prestigious Van Gelder-Savoy award worth $1,500.
The Descarries-Savoy award, worth $1,500, will be granted to the student supported by the Foundation whom the committee decides has published the best paper during the year of the studentship. For details and application form: Click here
The following points are mandatory to submit a valid application:
1. Applicants must submit a single PDF file containing all required documents (except letters of reference) in the following order:
a. Signature sheet (henceforth, only 2 signatures will be required, that of the candidate and that of his/her research supervisor)
b. Description of the project
c. Canadian Common CV: CIHR academic format
d. Academic Transcripts (grades, current and the last completed)
2. The project description should include the following sections:
d. Methods and Analysis
f. Selected References
Font: Times New Roman
Font size: 12
Length: 3,500 characters (spaces not included)
3. The two (2) reference letters must be submitted directly to the Savoy Foundation by the referees who support the candidate and not by the candidate himself/herself. Applications with only one reference letter will not be eligible.
4. The deadline for submitting the application and the two (2) letters of recommendation to the Savoy Foundation, via email at (firstname.lastname@example.org), is January 31, 2023.
(NOTE: for a renewal, please use the same application and add after point 2d a progress report of 1000 characters, spaces not included)
The use of the masculine gender has been adopted for ease of reading and has no discriminatory intent.
To download the signature sheet:
- Availabe on November 1st, 2023
How to fill your signature sheet (PDF)
1. Open a PDF document in Acrobat DC or Reader
2. Click the “Fill & Sign” tool in the right pane
3. Fill out your form by clicking on a text field