In memory of the contribution made by Professor Laurent Descarries to the Savoy Foundation during his tenure as a member of the Research Committee, the Descarries-Savoy award of excellence was created. Worth $1,500, it will be granted to the student supported by the Foundation whom the committee decides has published the best paper during the year of the studentship.
- The student must be the first author or co-first author of the paper.
- The paper must be accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- The student must have submitted the paper during the period of their studentship or within the first six months from the end of the studentship.
- The content of the paper must be related to epilepsy.
- Case studies (case report) are not eligible.
- A student cannot receive the Prize more than once.
- Impact factor of the journal.
- Journalistic criteria (quality of writing, clarity, conciseness, quality of figures).
- Scientific merit (originality, the statistical significance of the results, technical accuracy, rigour, level of details of the procedures, justification of the conclusions, clinical impact or on the field of research).
The following points are imperative to submit a valid application:
1. Applicants must submit a single PDF file containing all required documents in the following order:
a. A cover letter specifying the student's contribution, the importance of the article, the journal's impact factor and its rank compared to other journals in the field. The student and his supervisor must co-sign this letter.
b. The article accepted for publication.
2. The deadline to submit the application to the Savoy Foundation (email@example.com) is January 31, 2022.