These grants will be awarded for the following purposes:
- Launching of a project: operating costs in the expectation of funds already requested from government agencies. In this category, the description of the project should bear mainly on the initial stages (and/or reorientation) rather than the whole research program.
- Pre-research: preliminary studies in preparation of a more substantial request to be addressed to another agency. In this category, the applicant should not only provide a description of his pre-research, but also outline the project to which it is leading. If he/she already holds other grants, it should be explained why these may not be used to finance the pre-research.
- Pursuit or completion of a project: temporary support following the interruption or the termination of a grant.
- Contribution to the funding of a research project of particular interest in the field of epilepsy.
- Contribution to the funding of a scientific activity (e.g. workshop, symposium) related to the field of epilepsy. Requests for funding for a conference cannot exceed $5,000.
The budget can be used for the salary of a research assistant or summer student but not for a master's, doctoral student or postdoctoral fellow. For the latter student categories, an application to the scholarship program must be done. Note also that a research laboratory cannot submit the same project for both a salary award and a research grant.
Indirect (overhead) costs
It is important to note that the Foundation does not have a specific policy regarding overhead or indirect costs. However, it would not be to the advantage of the research applicant to ask for indirect funds. It is generally felt that requesting such funds places a significant burden on the research budget of the Foundation. The higher the overhead expense the less money dedicated to the research which could detract from the project in the view of the members of the Scientific Committee.
The following points are mandatory to submit a valid application:
1. Applicants must submit a single PDF file containing all required documents in the following order:
a. Signature sheet (henceforth, only two (2) signatures will be required, that of the candidate and that of the director of the research center or the director of the university department)
b. Description of the project
c. Canadian Common CV: CIHR academic format
2. The project description should include the following sections:
d. Methods and Analyses
f. Selected References
Font: Times New Roman
Font size: 12
Length: 5,000 characters (spaces not included) + 2 figures (¼ per page each) + 15 references + Budget (maximum 1 page)
3. The deadline for submitting the application to the Savoy Foundation, via email at
(firstname.lastname@example.org), is January 31, 2022.
The use of the masculine gender has been adopted for ease of reading and has no discriminatory intent.
How to fill your signature sheet (PDF)
1. Open a PDF document in Acrobat DC or Reader
2. Click the “Fill & Sign” tool in the right pane
3. Fill out your form by clicking on a text field